Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Soul of Bread

Everyday we do things - sometimes we try to win something - sometimes we try to gain something - most of the times we have certain reward or return in our mind from doing that thing...  The soul of bread tells you the story of a baker who understands without any recognition in mind and without any special ingredient - the best bread is made with the sincere heart!

It's been a long time since I wrote my last post but this Taiwanese movie made me! "The Soul of Bread", made in 2012, is a simple story of a small town bakery in Taiwan. Just like their message they make a very pure, down to earth movie. The portrayal of that small town is really picturesque. The town acts as an another actor and takes part in the story. I don't want to go in the detail of the story or describe about it. If you find it, I would recommend you to watch it.

At the end I want recite the master baker's words - he tells that he made the bread only for his wife - putting all his heart in it. His apprentice realizes it and bakes a simple bread but puts his heart in the making - thus the climax.

Well, if we put our heart and sincere efforts in whatever we are doing and just forget about the returns - I guess everything in this world will become the best!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment